Kingsville Primary School Enrolment Process and Procedures - 2025
All Victorian Government primary and secondary schools have a designated enrolment zone. Government expectations are (if children are being schooled in the government system) that, they attend their designated government school.
Our School Zone
Details of the KPS school zone are available on, findmyschool.vic.gov.au which provides the most up to date information about Victorian Government school zones.
Students residing in a school zone are guaranteed a place at that school. This right is verified at the school level on the basis of evidence of residential address.
DET provides guidance through their Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and, the freedom to choose other schools, subject to the facility limitations of each school.
More information and answers to frequently asked questions can be on the Department’s website.
Enrolments from outside of zone are considered and determined in line with school capacity.
Step 1: Collecting your enrolment form
Enrolment forms will be available after the information evening or school tour has been completed.
To gain a form prospective parents need to -
- provide photo identification (e.g. drivers licence) and a utilities statement that shows primary residence location
- this residential address would need to indicate that Kingsville is the closest neighbourhood school
- following collection of the enrolment form it along with all required documentation (see below) should be returned to the school (main office)
Checklist / documentation
- immunization certificate from Medicare
- proof of birth - birth certificate (child must be at least 5 years of age by the 30th April of the year admission is sought)
- home, work, and mobile numbers of parents/guardians
- details of medical or other conditions which may require the child to have special consideration
- proof of Australian residency or appropriate visa that would allow for enrolment (non-fee paying) in an Australian government school
- copies of any legal documents relating to custody, parenting arrangements or access regarding child/children
Once your completed enrolment form is lodged the place for your child or children at KPS for 2025 is confirmed.
Step 2: Making an enrolment appointment
The next step however is to make an enrolment meeting appointment. To book a meeting which follows the completion and return of your enrolment form please ring the school on 9314 5869.
The first set of enrolment meetings are scheduled for the end of term 2 and beginning of term 3. Additional enrolment meetings will be added later in term 3 and term 4 as required.
Please note: all new families enrolling at Kingsville are expected to make an appointment. Parents who already have a child at KPS and will be enrolling a sibling for 2025 are most welcome to schedule a meeting and, should do so if there is any important information to be discussed regarding the new family member being enrolled.
The child who is being enrolled is required to attend the enrolment meeting. This is seen as an important rite of passage and the preschool student is expected to participate in the process.
Parents seeking an enrolment– but KPS is not their closest neighbourhood school
Step 1: collect from the office an ‘expression of interest’ form and complete
Step 2: return the completed ‘expression of interest’ form to the office
Please note: a decision on your application will be made as quickly as possible taking into account the enrolment capacity of the school.